CV FOR WEBSTER MUTI
WATERKINGS ENVIRONMENT CONSULTANCY
1. CONTACT DETAILS
61-72 B 3rd Avenue, Park Town, Waterfalls, Harare, Zimbabwe. 263 772 244433. 263-4-2916600. email@example.com.
2. PERSONAL DETAILS.
Date of Birth 10/10/74. Male. Married. Christian (Adventist). Speaks Shona, English and learning Ndebele.
3. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
• A total 15 years of experience as a Water Quality and Environment Expert.
• 9 years with ZINWA as a Water Quality Expert (1998-2005).
• 2 years with the Environment Management Agency as Environment Quality Manager (2006-2007).
• 5 years with Waterkings as Principal Consultant and Environment Expert (2008- to date).
4. NATURE OF EXPERIENCE
• Environment Social Safeguards Expert for World Bank Projects in Zimbabwe and Malawi since 2010 and 2011 respectively.
• Successfully initiated the implementation of the Polluter Pays Principle in water pollution control in Zimbabwe for ZINWA in 2001.
• Successfully lead the formulation, gazetting and implementation of the Environment Management Regulations (Statutory instruments 6, 7, 10 and 12 of 2006) for EMA in 2006.
• Technical Advisor for Business Council for Sustainable Development in Zimbabwe (BCSDZ) on water resources management and environmental law requirements since 2008.
• Successfully completed 70 Environment and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) projects for Waterkings since 2008.
|Special Honours Economics||University of Zimbabwe||
|Environment and Social Safeguards||World Bank||
|Environment Management Systems Auditing||Southern African Auditor & Training Certification Association||2007|
|Safety and Health Advisor’s Training Course (SHATCO)||National Social Security Authority (NSSA)||2007|
|Occupational Health and Safety Management System ISO 19001||Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ)||2007|
|Masters in Business Administration||Zimbabwe Open University||2006|
|Diploma in Business Administration||Zimbabwe Institute of Management||2005|
|Water Pollution Management||
University of Suzhou (China)
|Fire and Safety Training Course||Sudden Services Pvt Ltd||2005|
|Level One Soccer Coaching Course||Zimbabwe Football Association||2005|
|Inspection Bodies Systems Course ISO/IEC 17020||Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ)||2004|
|Bio-Monitoring||National Water Quality Laboratory||2002|
|Defensive driving||Traffic Safety Council of Zimbabwe||2002|
|Environment Impact Assessment||Institute of Water & Sanitation Development||2000|
|Water and Waste Water Management||Umgeni Water (South Africa - Durban)||2000|
|Water Pollution Assessment||Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers||1999|
|Geographical Information Systems (GIS)||University of Zimbabwe||1999|
|Bsc Degree in Chemistry & Bio-Chemistry||University of Zimbabwe||1998|
|Quality Assurance 1 & 2||
City & Guilds (London Institute)
Research work conducted:-
• Identification and quantification of negative externalities experienced by the Dora Community as a result of Sakubva River pollution by Mutare City Council (on going).
• An evaluation of the effectiveness of the Polluter Pays Principle in water pollution control in Zimbabwe 2007.
• An evaluation of the Water Quality Monitoring Coverage in Zimbabwe 2005.
6. ACCOMPLISHED EIA PROJECTS TO DATE
Led all the accomplished EIAs for Waterkings, see website for details .